Sunday, April 14, 2013

Tao of Twitter




One of the required readings for my media writing class was The Tao of Twitter.  Mark Schaefer, a globally known blogger, business consultant and author, writes the book.  The Tao of Twitter focuses on the benefits derived from using social media like Twitter.  Whether you are a Twitter veteran or new user, you will learn many things you did not know before reading the book.

Whether you are trying to better position your business and its products or trying to get your name known and get followers, this book is for you.  I particularly liked how it talked about techniques that build meaningful audiences that actually want to connect with you and how to use Twitter to get a competitive advantage.

Using Twitter throughout the semester in my media class has been a great way to get familiarized with the social tool, and reading the book weekly allowed me to alter my techniques according to Schaefer’s advice. If you want to know more about what’s in the book, buy it as it’s worth the read.

3 comments:

  1. I agree. I liked how we created Twitter accounts at the beginning of the year and then used them throughout the semester. Even though I had a Twitter before, I learned a lot more than I expected.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Chase, I thought it interesting when Schaefer wrote of using twitter to advance a business. Twitter could be a great tool for you to use if you decide to do your soup truck!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would definitely follow the soup truck on Twitter :) Great job Chase.

    ReplyDelete