Tuesday, February 5, 2013

Soup Truck


It was lunchtime and I was sick of making the same old sandwich.  I thought to myself, what could I make that will be hearty and nutritious?  I opened the pantry to find cans upon cans of soup.  I thought to myself, soup sounds good but not canned soup.  I was thinking of homemade soups that I am used to seeing my grandmother and mother make. 
---Then it hit me…Why can’t I think of any places who just serve soup for lunch, you know something easy and fast.  This was just the idea I have been looking for.  I've always imagined opening my own restaurant one day, but what about a food truck instead? It would be a soup lunch truck, with all kinds of homemade stews and soups.  People on lunch break at work will now have different options rather than the same old sandwich or the usual fried food trucks.  In addition, it’s not a question that women like to eat light and tend to be healthier than men are.  So if we get the women to come eat at our truck, the men will likely flock to wherever the women are.  At least that how it is in college.
---However, it cannot just be about soup, we need something more that will separate us from just a normal bowl of soup.  Yes, they will be homemade and much better than a can, but what else can put me ahead of the curve.  Bread bowls.  What better way to eat soups than in a homemade bread bowl.  This could be our go to; this is how we will market ourselves. Homemade stews and soups in homemade bread bowls.


12 comments:

  1. That's a great idea! The food trucks at my old school only had fried food so I never went to them, but if there was a soup truck I definitely would have gone. Good luck with your future business!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is definitely a great idea. I have to say I get stumped a lot at lunch time when I'm a work because all I can ever find are pizza places and Dunkin Donuts so if you created a soup truck, I would totally come for lunch.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This idea would be a quick solution for a quick, easy, and hopefully healthy meal. I can honestly say I've never seen a soup truck but I would definitely try it out, and of course the bread bowls would attract more people.

    ReplyDelete
  4. And another idea to add to your bread bowls: offer gluten-free bread bowls and you'll be notorious for helping a large amount of the population with their difficult dietary restrictions. Build that and I will be there too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Food trucks are very chic right now, well in metropolitan areas. There are many different types of foods representing many cultures. The last time I was in Washington D.C. they had really colorful trucks everywhere serving everything from sushi to tapas. Yeah, they were good.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is a great idea! The different kinds of soups you could provide are endless. By having your mother's own recipes make it more special. I would without a doubt have a bread bowl with my soup. Hope you reach your goal!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You need to be innovative to stay ahead of the competition. Using bowls made out of bread might be just the thing to tempt people away from other food trucks. That you are also using gender logic based on experience at college makes your story amusing to read.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I would have no problem frequenting this food truck! Sounds like a delicious idea!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Soup is relatively inexpensive to make and the profit margin could be significant. The advantage of a food truck is convenience for the customer and you would be paying no rent to have a stationary location. There is a high initial investment but if it is successful you could potentially hire people to run it for you.

    ReplyDelete
  10. ohhh yaaa gotta love soups and all of the different things you can do with it. I though this was very creative and it gave me a good sense of what exactly you were thinking this day. Innovation at its best

    ReplyDelete
  11. Soup, soup, soup, I love soup. This is a phenomenal idea. If you add some sort of seafood soup to your menu, I'll definitely be having lunch there :) Love the bread bowls!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is an awesome idea, if you have yet to put it into effect I say you do it next winter! I know I would defnitely choose homemmade soup over a gross fast food lunch.

    ReplyDelete